1. Which two different sports activities, in addition to darts, has PDC World No 1, Gerwyn “The Iceman” Worth, performed professionally, earlier than retiring in 2014 to focus on darts?
a. Rallying and BMX
b. Rugby union and rugby league
c. Volleyball and handball
d. Greco-Roman wrestling and MMA
2. On 10 January 2021, North Korean Supreme Chief Kim Jong-un was elected basic secretary of the Employees Social gathering of Korea. Who did he change?
a. His late father, Kim Jong-il, who died in 2011, however held the workplace for a decade posthumously
b. His late grandfather Kim Il-Sung, who died in 1994, however held the workplace for 27 years posthumously
c. His uncle Jang Track-thaek, who was executed for treason in 2014
d. His sister Kim Yo-jong, who grew to become a social media intercourse image in 2020
3. In March, Christies bought Everydays by artist Mike Winkelmann for $69m. What was notable about this sale?
a. The art work was created by AIartificial intelligence
b. It was a Picasso portray he’d purchased and added his personal signature to
c. It was a non-fungible token or NFT, the very best such worth ever garnered for one
d. It was an microscopic engraving on a single human hair
4. New Zealand farmer Colin Craig-Brown hit the headlines this November when he unearthed what stunning discover in his again backyard?
a. A potato weighing 7.8kg, believed to be the biggest ever discovered
b. A Second World Warfare sea mine containing 80kg of stay explosives
c. The jewelled star of the Order of St Patrick, one of the crown jewels of Eire stolen from Dublin Citadel in 1907
d. An deserted try at digging a tunnel by way of the centre of the earth, began by the land’s earlier proprietor
5. On 1 February, aerobics teacher Khing Hnin Wai grew to become briefly world well-known. Why?
a. She broke the world sit-ups file, finishing 45,005 in 58.5hrs
b. She was arrested for a social media publish evaluating Chinese language Premier Xi Jinping to Winnie the Pooh
c. She recorded a health video for Instagram within the Myanmar capital Nay Pyi Taw that inadvertently broke the information that there had been a navy coup within the nation
d. As a consequence of a pc error, she was mistakenly listed as No 1 on the FBI’s Most Needed Fugitives record
6. 2021 noticed one of the world’s hottest games, Minecraft, surpass 140m customers. Its gameworld is now estimated to be 3.6bn sq. kilometres. Roughly what number of occasions might this include the planet Earth?
7. Argentine racer Manuel Andújar gained the 2021 Dakar rally by which self-discipline?
a. Rally automobiles
d. Quad bikes
8. Kevin Andre McKenzie of Guyana was apprehended at New York’s Kennedy Airport, with what unlikely cargo?
a. 35 uncommon butterflies hidden in his underpants
b. 35 uncommon songbirds hidden in hair curlers
c. 35 uncommon earth metals hidden inside smoke alarms
d. 35 screenshots of NFTs hidden inside his cellphone
9. Adele’s long-awaited album, 30, was the bestselling LP of 2021. However simply how bestselling was it in its first week of launch?
a. It outsold the remainder of the Billboard High 10 mixed
b. It outsold the remainder of the Billboard High 20 mixed
c. It outsold the remainder of the Billboard High 40 mixed
d. It outsold the remainder of the Billboard High 50 mixed
10. Having been postponed by the pandemic, Euro 2020 lastly acquired beneath method in June and was the highest-scoring within the event’s historical past. Regardless of this, objectives by which methodology outstripped Ronaldo’s top-scoring tally of six objectives?
b. Personal objectives
c. Objectives disallowed by video-assisted refereeing
d. Every of the above
11. Line of Responsibility season six concluded, with one more more and more unlikely plot about cops who care about corruption. However by what means did Ted Hastings clarify to suspects he was a tough man to idiot?
a. “I didn’t come up the Foyle on a leaf”
b. “I didn’t come up the Lagan in a bubble”
c. “I didn’t come up the Erne in a teapot”
d. “I didn’t come up the Mournes in a polystyrene cup”
12. Infamous restaurateur Nusret Gökçe, higher identified by the meme-begotten soubriquet Salt Bae, opened a restaurant in Knightsbridge this 12 months, attracting consideration for its eye-wateringly excessive costs. Apart from wine, what is known to be the costliest single merchandise on its menu?
a. A truffle-infused hotdog, priced at £800
b. A goldleaf-laden big tomahawk steak, at £1,450
c. A “billionaire burger” served with diamond shavings for £2,450
d. One can of Pink Bull power drink, costing £4,765
13. An enterprising anti-vaxxer in Italy had individuals in thoughts of a scene from Father Ted this December. For what motive?
a. He disrupted a pro-vaccine sermon in his native church by kicking a bishop up the arse
b. He stole cash from a well being charity, claiming the cash was “simply resting in his account”
c. He tried to idiot well being employees by presenting a faux arm at his vaccine appointment
d. He staged an anti-lockdown protest in a procuring centre, solely to turn into misplaced in Milan’s largest lingerie division
14. The Omicron variant is the most recent sortie in Covid’s ongoing warfare to forcibly educate us the Greek alphabet. Which of the next is to not be discovered inside that historic alphabetic script’s 24 letters?
15. The announcement of the abortive European Tremendous League in April 2021 led to a lot turmoil between Uefa and the 12 founder golf equipment, not least between Uefa president Alexander Ceferin and which spearhead behind the challenge, who occurs to be his goddaughter’s father?
a. Juventus president Andrea Agnelli
b. Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu
c. Tottenham Hotspur CEO Daniel Levy
d. Manchester United CEO Ed Woodward
16. In a hopeful transfer, the United Nations designated 2021 “The Yr of Peace and Belief”. It was additionally designated a number of different issues. Which of the next was 2021 not formally declared because the 12 months of by the UN?
a. The Worldwide Yr of Artistic Financial system for Sustainable Growth
b. The Worldwide Yr of Fruit and Veg
c. The Worldwide Yr of Nuts and Pulses
d. The Worldwide Yr for the Elimination of Little one Labour
17. Matt Hancock resigned from the federal government in 2021, after being caught on CCTV breaching social distancing guidelines with Gina Coladangelo. In addition to having been non-executive director of the Division of Well being and Social Care, she can also be the niece of which former Arsenal goalkeeper?
a. David Seaman
b. Pat Jennings
c. Bob Wilson
d. John Lukic
18. For the second 12 months operating, the very best grossing movie was a Chinese language epic. 2021’s greatest field workplace draw, The Battle at Lake Changin, is a few battle by which battle?
a. Second World Warfare
b. The Korean Warfare
c. The Boxer Rise up
d. The Jintian Rebellion
19. The males’s excessive leap at this 12 months’s Tokyo Olympics was determined in an uncommon vogue as soon as Qatar’s Mutaz Essa Barshim and Italy’s Gianmarco Tamberi reached a stalemate within the remaining – in what method?
a. By doing a 100m dash
b. By awarding each opponents gold
c. By tossing a coin
d. By making them do a hilarious, year-end quiz of the 12 months
20. Turkish man Beyhan Mutlu made information in September for which unlikely motive?
a. He unknowingly joined a search get together that had been fashioned to search out him after he’d turn into misplaced in a forest whereas intoxicated
b. He declared himself “the Emperor of Batman” and held an armed standoff with the Turkish military
c. He completed his 12-year try to eat a complete prepare carriage, piece by piece
d. He was present in possession of 14 long-missing Romanov household Fabergé eggs
21. Josiah Kenyon was arrested and charged in December for his alleged function within the Capitol Riots. Which animated character was he dressed as when he allegedly assaulted a number of Capitol cops?
a. Jake Skellington from The Nightmare Earlier than Christmas
b. Carl Fredriksen from Up
c. Wall-E from Wall-E
d. Maid Marian from Robin Hood
22. In September, Nicki Minaj tweeted her opposition to the Met Gala’s coverage of insisting attendees be vaccinated, citing which alarming and tenuous anecdote of vaccination tragedy?
a. Her mom’s buddy broke out in “full physique hives”
b. Her father’s cousin had a coronary heart assault
c. Her cousin’s buddy’s “testicles grew to become swollen” and he was rendered impotent
d. Her buddy’s cousin’s nipples fell off
23. Merriam-Webster had no such hesitation and named “vaccine” its phrase of the 12 months, however from which Latin phrase does it come?
a. Vacca, “cow”
b. Vaco, “to be free from”
c. Vacuus, “empty or void”
d. Vaccilo, “to be in a weak situation”
24. Upon Barbados turning into a republic this November, Rihanna was inducted as a Nationwide Hero of Barbados. What’s her new title?
a. The Proper Reverend Robyn Rihanna Fenty
b. The Proper Wonderful Robyn Rihanna Fenty
c. The Proper Honourable Robyn Rihanna Fenty
d. The Proper Respectful Robyn Rihanna Fenty
25. December noticed the North Atlantic battered by Storm Barra. For the seventh straight season, the UK and Eire’s storm names have been chosen upfront by European meteorologists, operating from A-Z, alternating between male and feminine. Which of the next is not a storm to return?
26. Squid Recreation, a Korean-language collection a few dystopian and murderous televised competitors, was the surprising streaming hit of 2021. However what present did it change as Netflix’s most streamed present ever?
c. Cash Heist
d. Tiger King
1. (b) Rugby union and rugby league
2. (a) His lengthy useless father, Kim Jong-il
3. (c) It was an NFT, credited to Winklemann’s alias, Beeple
4. (a) A really giant potato certainly, practically 3kg heavier than the present file
5. (c) She inadvertently broke information of a coup along with her health video
6. (c) Seven – it will, in actual fact, rank because the fifth largest planet in our photo voltaic system, behind solely Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
7. (d) Quad bikes
8. (b) 35 uncommon songbirds (the precise quantity of hair curlers is unrecorded)
9. (d) It outsold the remainder of the Billboard High 50 mixed.
10. (d) Every of the above: 9 penalties, 11 personal objectives, and 7 disallowed by VAR
11. (b) Lagan through bubble
12. (b) The goldleaf tomahawk steak. For the file a Pink Bull prices a measly £11
13. (c) He used a faux arm, and no bishops’ arses have been harmed at any time
14. (d) Si is just not a Greek letter
15. (a) Juventus President Andrea Agnelli
16. (c) The Worldwide Yr of Nuts and Pulses was, of course, in 2016
17. (c) Bob Wilson
18. (b) The Korean Warfare or, as China formally phrases the navy marketing campaign, “Resist America and Help Korea”
19. (b) It was the primary time the games had seen joint winners by alternative since 1912
20. (a) He joined his personal search get together, echoing the same story from Iceland in 2012
21. (a) Jake Skellington
22. (c) Her cousin’s buddy in Trinidad developed swollen testicles and grew to become impotent. She added: “He was weeks away from getting married, now the woman referred to as off the marriage. So simply pray on it & be sure you’re comfy with ur resolution, not bullied.”
23. (a) Vacca, that means cow, derived from its being developed to fight cowpox.
24. (b) The Proper Wonderful.
25. (d) Quentin – names starting with Q, U, X, Y and Z usually are not used as a result of relative paucity of choices
26. (b) Bridgerton