1. NBC Sunday Evening Soccer sideline reporter Michele Tafoya will return to the community’s telecast of this Sunday’s Saints-Bucs recreation after a three-week absence.
Folks have been wildly speculating that NBC pulled Tafoya due to a controversial Nov. 3 appearance on The View.
For some motive, the mix of conspiracy theorists and disingenuous people who find themselves simply attempting to get clicks, are completely ignoring the truth that Tafoya labored the sidelines for NBC on Nov. 7, 14 and 21.
She was then off on Nov. 28, Dec. 5 and Dec. 12. NBC has made it clear this was deliberate time without work for Tafoya and it issued this statement to The Philadelphia Inquirer:
“As we now have executed repeatedly, we’re once more giving our announcers bye weeks in 2021, and we plan to do it nicely into the long run. Michele’s off weeks–which had been decided previous to the season–had been all in chilly climate cities after Thanksgiving, and her remaining weekend off this season comes on Jan. 2 in Inexperienced Bay. Some other hypothesis about her time without work is blatantly false.”
The story took a twist Tuesday when the New York Publish’s Andrew Marchand reported that this will be Tafoya’s last season with NBC.
In response to Marchand, Tafoya determined to depart her present gig.
Nonetheless, those self same disingenuous folks I discussed earlier, are actually working with the narrative that NBC has fired Tafoya.
What I discover most interested by all that is the radio silence from Tafoya. The Publish story mentioned Tafoya may not be instantly reached for remark.
Nonetheless, this has been a narrative all week and Tafoya hasn’t mentioned a phrase publicly. Why not challenge an announcement saying you weren’t suspended by NBC? Why not challenge an announcement backing up NBC’s assertion? Why not challenge an announcement explaining that you simply labored for three straight weeks after The View appearance and that your time without work was decided months in the past?
A cynic would possibly assume Tafoya or Tafoya’s camp likes the notion that NBC took motion in opposition to her. A cynic would possibly assume Tafoya or Tafoya’s camp likes that some consider she’s a sufferer. A cynic would possibly assume Tafoya or Tafoya’s camp thinks this narrative units her up properly for no matter her subsequent job is perhaps.
2. The newest SI Media Podcast options an interview with Troy Aikman.
Fox’s lead NFL analyst explains why he’d wish to see a Patriots vs. Bucs/Invoice Belichick vs. Tom Brady Tremendous Bowl this yr and what the sport would imply for every man. Aikman additionally reveals perception into what Aaron Rodgers goes by way of whereas taking part in with a fractured toe, what is going on on with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys and the bizarre quantity of horrible, unwatchable groups this season.
The Corridor of Fame quarterback additionally addresses rumors than he might workforce up with Al Michaels to name video games on Amazon subsequent season, shares his facet of the well-known story involving Joe Buck urinating right into a bottle throughout a recreation and tells us whether or not he dreaded calling Bears-Lions on Thanksgiving.
The podcast closes with the weekly “Traina Ideas” section with Sal Licata from WFAN radio and SNY TV. This week, we mentioned the potential of that Patriots-Bucs Tremendous Bowl, the City Meyer catastrophe in Jacksonville, that horrible trailer for the upcoming Netflix film that includes Kevin James as Sean Payton and far more.
You too can watch the SI Media Podcast on YouTube.
3. As I mentioned to Troy Aikman on this week’s SI Media Podcast, the Giants is perhaps probably the most unwatchable workforce within the NFL this season. They’re not less than within the backside three.
So I am not certain this gesture will easy issues over with their followers.
Let’s examine in to see how Giants followers really feel about this.
4. That was such an all-time efficiency by Travis Kelce final evening (10 catches, 191 yards, two touchdowns) that the NFL’s Twitter web page needed to take motion.
And you’ll’t blame them based mostly on Kelce’s out-of-this-world efficiency.
5. Talking of the Chiefs’ 34–28 time beyond regulation win in opposition to the Chargers on Thursday evening, that is fairly bonkers. The Good Morning Soccer crew just about appropriately predicted each single factor that occurred within the recreation.
6. New Jaguars coach Darrell Bevell was caught off guard by a query at his press convention yesterday, and it was fairly amusing.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: I am nonetheless shook after seeing this video yesterday.
Remember to atone for previous editions of Traina Ideas and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You too can comply with Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.