1. Now that is how you go away a job!
Kenny Mayne anchored his final SportsCenter Monday evening after working at ESPN for 27 years. He actually went out on a excessive notice, getting the primary interview with Disgruntled Aaron Rodgers, who shared his imprecise and cryptic explanation why he’s sad with the Packers.
Nevertheless it was Mayne’s closing shot at Rodgers on the finish of their dialog that was the chef’s kiss.
“Hey, final thing. The final time we did the interview collectively, you informed me to go heavy within the cryptocurrency sport. I did and we’re down 40%, then I misplaced my job. Gretchen simply desires a brand new comforter. F— you, Aaron Rodgers.”
Mayne then exited the set like a slugger who simply hit a walk-off house run.
After his final present, Mayne took to Twitter to ship a easy message.
Earlier within the day, Mayne shared this nice photograph of him and his catchphrases.
2. My colleague, Dan Gartland, lined the unbelievable story of Brooks Koepka’s mainly wanting to vomit over the weekend when Bryson DeChambeau walked previous him throughout an interview. I am not going to cowl the entire thing right here. Simply try Dan’s Sizzling Clicks.
However I want to say this: I do know this will likely come off as hyperbole and “prisoner of the second” stuff, however when everyone seems to be doing their “Interview of the Yr” or “Finest Dwell TV Second” on the finish of 2021 after we all do our year-in-review items, Koepka ought to sweep the board.
3. Talking of golf, Phil Mickelson introduced lots of people to their TV units on Sunday.
4. This was a cool second final evening when the Jazz’s Joe Ingles stunned teammate Jordan Clarkson with the Sixth Man Award throughout an interview with TNT’s Ernie Johnson.
5. You recognize that terrible cliché, “‘places it in perspective”? Nicely, right here Winnipeg Jets’ Blake Wheeler obtained hit within the twig and berries with a puck final, however he put all of it in perspective after the sport.
6. The most recent episode of the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast options two visitors.
First up is New York Publish sports activities media columnist Andrew Marchand. Matters lined with Marchand embrace Marv Albert’s upcoming retirement and who will substitute him as TNT’s lead NBA play-by-play broadcaster, what occurred between TNT and Chris Webber, highlights of the 2021 NFL schedule, whether or not Tom Brady vs. the Patriots on Sunday Night time Soccer in Week 4 will set a rankings document, what the merger between Time Warner and Discovery means for sports activities followers, ESPN’s six-part documentary on Derek Jeter and way more.
Following Marchand, CNN TV analyst and government producer of The Story of Late Night time docuseries Invoice Carter joins the podcast to speak concerning the six-part present presently airing on CNN. Carter sheds mild on the Jay Leno–David Letterman battle, the Johnny Carson–Joan Rivers feud, the modifications in late evening through the years and way more
You may also watch the SI Media Podcast on YouTube.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: Completely satisfied thirty sixth birthday to the WWE’s Common champion and up to date SI Media Podcast visitor Roman Reigns.
Whereas Reigns has had a fantastic run within the ring, it was this industrial that could be his finest work ever.
Make certain to catch up on previous editions of Traina Ideas and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You may also comply with Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.