Earlier 2021 PGA Tour Occasion Winners & DraftKings Wage
- Palmetto Championship at Congaree: Garrick Higgo ($9,000)
- The Memorial Event Introduced by Nationwide: Patrick Cantlay ($9,500)
- Charles Schwab Problem: Jason Kokrak ($9,000)
- PGA Championship: Phil Mickelson ($6,700)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Kyoung-Hoon Lee ($6,900)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Rory McIlroy ($10,000)
- Valspar Basic: Sam Burns ($7,900)
- RBC Heritage: Stewart Cink ($6,700)
- The Masters Event: Hideki Matsuyama ($8,300)
- Valero Texas Open: Jordan Spieth ($10,700)
- World Golf Championship – Dell Applied sciences Match Play: Billy Horschel ($7,200)
- The Honda Basic: Matt Jones ($7,400)
- The Gamers Championship: Justin Thomas ($9,900)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Bryson DeChambeau ($11,000)
- Workday Charity Open: Collin Morikawa ($9,500)
- The Genesis Invitational: Max Homa ($8,200)
- AT&T Pebble Seaside Professional-Am: Daniel Berger ($10,100)
- Waste Administration Phoenix Open: Brooks Koepka ($8,800)
- Farmers Insurance coverage Open: Patrick Reed ($10,100)
- The American Categorical: Si Woo Kim ($8,200)
- Sony Open: Kevin Na ($7,500)
- Sentry Event of Champions: Harris English ($8,700)
Love taking part in fantasy golf? Love betting on it much more?
SI Fantasy PRO memberships supply weekly breakdowns solely for subscribers, in addition to entry to our Discord chat for recommendation, technique, and sharp performs in actual-time.
Turn out to be a member right this moment!
Ben Heisler: Collin Morikawa
DraftKings Price: $9,500
Ho-hum. One other week, one other alternative on your man to place cash down on Morikawa at plus-worth.
His play continues to be fabulous in all places however the inexperienced; coming in at No. 1 on the tour in strokes gained: tee-to-inexperienced, ball hanging, and SG: strategy. However perhaps the structure of the quick greens at Torrey Pines is a profit, and he is additionally proven that he can get locked in together with his putter when he must. In his win on the WGC – Mexico, in addition to his second-place end at The Memorial in a playoff, Morikawa gained 9.4 strokes together with his putter.
It is essential to notice that I believe Rahm deserves to be the favourite right here at +1000 ($11,200 on DK). He was properly on his option to lapping the sphere on the Memorial earlier than testing constructive for COVID-19, and has additionally dominated at Torrey Pines with 4 prime-10 finishes, together with a win in 2017. However I additionally assume that may result in huge possession numbers even at a really excessive value level.
I will lock Rahm in for money, and will not essentially fade him for tournaments, however Morikawa presents the perfect of all the things and is at all times somebody who’s at all times in play to win.
Extra Performs to Take into account
- Jon Rahm ($11,200 | +1000) – Locked in earlier than COVID W/D. Can be chalk however deservedly so.
- Brooks Koepka ($10,100 | +1800) – Two-time U.S. Open champion who at all times steps up and contends in Majors.
- Justin Thomas ($9,700 | +2200) – Very a lot a match play together with his current inconsistencies, however I will benefit from having J.T. at beneath $10K in a significant with superb odds to win).
- Patrick Reed ($9,000) +2200) – Lapped the sphere at Torrey Pines earlier this yr.
Mark Farris: Jon Rahm & Xander Schauffele
DraftKings Price: Rahm $11,200 | Schauffele $9,300
DraftKings Sportsbook Betting Odds to Win: Rahm +1000 | Schauffele +1400
As I become old, I are likely to repeat myself, however these are the weeks that I really like and additionally the weeks that I hate. There are too many good gamers and pricing that permits you to enter six gamers and sit again and say “Rattling, that’s a superb-wanting lineup!” Sadly, it often solely fairly till about midday on Thursday!
I’m keen to play nearly anybody on this group, however with DFS, it’s a must to take a stand except you’re a Mega-Multi Entry (MME) participant. I’m not! So, for this week, I’m taking my stand with Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele.
Rahm is the best-priced man on the board. Nevertheless, that’s not with out good cause. He was actually dominating the sphere on the Memorial earlier than being pressured to withdraw because of what now seems to be a questionable constructive COVID check. He’s additionally received on this course earlier than and had a T7 earlier this season. In his final 5 journeys right here, he has 4 prime 10s. Now, granted, the tough might be extra menacing this week and the winner will most likely want to remain out of it as a lot as doable. However, Rahm is a giant hitter and sturdy. It’s a lot simpler to return out of tough with a brief iron and his wayward photographs needs to be nearer to the greens than a lot of the sphere.
Xander Schauffele appears to at all times be a favourite of mine. He has 6 prime 10s already this yr. He has a T2 at Torrey Pines on the Farmers in January. Sure, I can’t clarify the MC on the PGA and The Gamers, however I additionally don’t care that a lot about them. Inside these two missed cuts, he had 3 prime-15s, together with the Masters and the Memorial. I’m searching for guys that received’t make a whole lot of errors this week and I belief Xander.
Extra Play(s) to Take into account
- Viktor Hovland ($9,200 | +2200)
- Brooks Koepka ($10,100 | +1800)
- Rory McIlroy ($9,900 | +2000)
$7,500 – $8,900 Vary
Ben Heisler: Tony Finau
DraftKings Price: $8,900
If there have been a chance for Finau to win his first Main, in addition to seize his first match victory since 2016, Torrey Pines would match the invoice.
He is already performed terrific at this course this yr on the Farmers Insurance coverage Open in January, ending second to Patrick Reed, and has by no means missed a lower in seven alternatives. Finau has by no means completed worse than twenty fourth in each occasion right here and has additionally proven up to this point in Majors this yr.
So far as his current kind is worried, he is T8 in SG: tee-to-inexperienced and third in SG: round-the-inexperienced. Like Morikawa, he’ll have to scrub up his placing somewhat bit, however together with his familiarity across the course, I anticipate him to be simply fantastic. Finau completed within the inexperienced final time on the Farmers, gaining 1.1 strokes together with his putter, however was surprisingly inconsistent off-the-tee. Now that his driver is again on monitor, search for all the things else to observe.
Extra Play(s) to Take into account
- Will Zalatoris ($8,600 | +4000) – The child continues to impress and retains ending prime 10 in large occasions.
- Paul Casey ($7,900 | +4000) – Might he be the subsequent 40+-year-previous participant to win a Main after Phil? Latest kind suggests he may!
- Sam Burns ($7,700 | +10000) – Was cruising with a win on the Valspar and 2nd on the Byron Nelson earlier than withdrawing on the PGA Championship and a T50 on the Memorial. The skillset suits the course and comes at a superb worth.
- Shane Lowry ($7,600 | +4000) – Locked in with three prime 10s in his final 4 rounds and isn’t any stranger to thick tough. Might want to enhance off-the-tee (forty ninth in SG: OTT).
Mark Farris: Will Zalatoris & Jason Kokrak
DraftKings Price: Zalatoris $8,600 | Kokrak $7,600
DraftKings Sportsbook Betting Odds to Win: Zalatoris +4000 | Kokrak +8000
People, with this pricing, we have to differentiate someplace. I believe I’ll strategy that prospect on this mid-vary. Whereas I like a whole lot of names right here – and the pricing is nice – I’m going with one of many new youngsters and a man that’s having an amazing season which only a few individuals are noticing.
Will Zalatoris? Sure. He didn’t play the Farmers so he doesn’t have historical past right here. Nevertheless, Majors don’t appear to have antagonistic results on him that I’m seeing. A 2nd place end on the Masters and T8 on the PGA is fairly spectacular for the child. In actual fact, his recreation general is fairly spectacular. In his final 10 occasions, he’s missed one lower and has seven prime 25s. Per DraftKings, he has made 33 of his final 35 cuts. Now, that’s numerous excursions however rattling, that’s fairly good!
Jason Kokrak has made 15 of 18 cuts. He’s received twice this season – Shadow Creek and Charles Schwab. He has 5 prime 10s. He solely completed T29 on the Farmers, but when he can pull off a T29 at $7,600 this week, you’ll adore it.
Extra Performs to Take into account:
- Tony Finau ($8,900 | +2000)
- Webb Simpson ($8,700 | +4500)
- Louis Oosthuizen ($8,100 | +3300)
- Justin Rose ($8,000 | +6000)
- Shane Lowry ($7,600 | +4000)
$7,400 and Below Vary
Ben Heisler: Jhonattan Vegas
DraftKings Price: $6,800
Anybody sensing a theme with my picks to this point? If you happen to put collectively, “Elite ball striker with a number of inconsistencies with the putter,” then you definately could be right!
Vegas is coming in scorching with a T2 on the Palmetto Championship and a T9 from a couple of weeks again on the Byron Nelson. He is third within the area in SG: off-the-tee, and whereas his current outcomes at Torrey Pines aren’t something spectacular, he does have loads of expertise right here.
I do not know if I’ve the abdomen to roster him in money even at nice financial savings. I would doubtless lean in the direction of Adam Scott, Charley Hoffman, or Max Homa for $400-$600 extra, however I believe Vegas has prime 10-upside and nonetheless might not get the possession numbers he ought to.
Extra Performs to Take into account:
- Adam Scott ($7,400 | +6600) – Count on him to contend as soon as once more at Torrey Pines after a T10 on the Farmers. Constant lower maker with loads of expertise.
- Max Homa ($7,300 | +10000) – For some cause, California programs deliver out the perfect in his recreation.
- Charley Hoffman ($7,200 | +20000) – Ranks second in DK factors gained by way of Fantasy Nationwide behind Justin Spieth over his final 24 rounds.
- Kevin Streelman ($7,100 | +10000) – No worse than T26 in his final 4 tournaments. Straight off-the-tree and superb together with his strategy recreation (T18 in SG: strategy)
- LONGSHOT: Chan Kim ($6,100 | +50000) – Novice over at Arizona State who has put up some jaw-dropping outcomes, together with a T23 on the PGA Championship.
Mark Farris: Adam Scott, Brian Harman, and Ian Poulter
DraftKings Price: Scott ($7,400) | Harman ($7,400) | Poulter ($7,000)
DraftKings Sportsbook Betting Odds to Win: Scott +6000 | Harman +10000 | Poulter +10000
Keep in mind when Adam Scott was one of many names talked about at each Main? Me too! Now, not a lot, however he has made 12 of 13 cuts this yr.
Scott did not carry out significantly properly on the Masters or the PGA. Nevertheless, he did end prime 10 on the Farmers. One of the best factor is that, even at $7,400, folks will most likely keep away from him. I’m going out on a limb and calling a prime 25 for Adam this week.
Brian Harman is one other man, like Jason Kokrak, that’s taking part in very properly and most individuals that play PGA DFS most likely couldn’t decide him out of a lineup. The lefty has missed one lower in his final 10 occasions and has 6 prime 20s.
Ian Poulter? Now, why would any of you assume I like him? He’s taking part in properly, he’s correct, and he’s the freakin’ Honey Badger! Poulter might by no means win a Main, nevertheless, I’ll by no means guess towards his means to contend in them till he exhibits me he can’t any longer. At $7,000, I’ll take the prospect nearly each week, however undoubtedly at the very least 4 instances per yr.
Extra Play(s) to Take into account
- Garrick Higgo ($7,200) – I appreciated him as an “beneath the radar” name final week. He received’t be that this week and this can be an unfamiliar stage, however I like this teen.
- Max Homa ($7,300) – He likes the west coast.
- Ryan Palmer ($7,100) – Very near being included above.
- LONGSHOT: Wilco Nienaber ($6,900) – Like Higgo, he’s one other man I loved watching final week. And, as with Higgo, my query might be can he deal with a U.S. Open structure? However, in DFS, no guts, no glory.
Ben Heisler: Jordan Spieth
DraftKings Price: $10,900
It is historically not a smart determination to fade the golfer who hasn’t missed a lower since late January, however curiously sufficient, Spieth’s final missed lower got here on the Farmers Insurance coverage Open which takes place at, look ahead to it, Torrey Pines.
Spieth’s price ticket at slightly below $11K, alongside together with his struggles at Torrey Pines feels prefer it’s a superb alternative to spend elsewhere this week. He’ll should be straight off the tee which he is struggled to do even throughout this terrific stretch, and whereas his scrambling stays spectacular, I simply do not wish to depend on it throughout a Main.
Lastly, there is a main discrepancy between DraftKings’ pricing and his odds to win. Spieth enters because the second-most costly golfer within the area however is just the sixth-highest favourite to win at +1800.
Extra Fade(s) to Take into account
- Bryson DeChambeau ($10,400 | +1400) – I believe this Brooks Koepka stuff is in his head and whereas he is the defending champ, it is not as if he is coming in with excellent current kind.
Mark Farris: Bryson DeChambeau
DraftKings Price: DeChambeau $10,400
I can’t consider I’m ignoring the defending Champion! However once more, generally you simply have to take a stand. I needs to be leery of the fade since I’m not seeing hype on the supply websites I take advantage of for knowledge and data. I do know he’s a bomber and can drive over or previous a lot of the bother. However, I’ve seen some footage of the tough this week and he’s one of many predominant guys on the prime that I don’t belief to remain out of it. It might be enjoyable to observe on the weekend although if he and Brooks someway received paired collectively!